The Nightmare of My Marriage: How I Fought for My Life and My Baby

Celebrity Trending
0

 I MARRIED A MONSTER


CHAPTER 6


The first few weeks after I discovered that I was pregnant were peaceful. Even mama did not trouble me, though she made her indignation apparent by walking around the house with a frown on her face and refusing to eat on the same dinning table with me.  Those four weeks were the most peaceful weeks of my marriage.



I stayed at home and Shelia came to visit me sometimes. Chris even did what he had not done before, baby shopping.


He suggested that I buy a car in the name of our unborn child. I was skeptical at first but I later agreed

We both expected our baby to come as a male so we decided to name him

" Davis" 

I bought a lot of property under my unborn child's name.

I thought the peace I had always wanted had come but how wrong I was.


I got into the car and drove to Shelia's house. Frank had called me earlier that evening. He was planning to propose to Shelia that evening and as her best friend I had a role to play. I would be the one to bring her to the venue.


I went to Shelia's house and brought her to the venue

To say she was surprised would be an understatement.

I was really happy for my best friend. She finally found love just like I did.

The evening went well except for one thing that bothered my mind.


Each time Chris was mentioned, Frank would become uncomfortable, even though Chris was not there then evening. I knew something was wrong but I couldn't place my hands on what it was.


I left the place around six in the evening, I couldn't wait to get home to my lovely husband. When I got to the mansion, strangely everywhere was quiet.


The lights were switched off and Sarah was nowhere to be found. Mama was not around too. I assumed that Chris had gone out.


I went upstairs and headed to my room, I needed a good shower however a funny sound me pause.

It was coming from Chris's room. I went to the door and opened it. What I saw made me speechless

My husband was having sex with another woman in our house.

At that moment, I became livid

" What is the meaning of this Chris" I screamed

" It us not what you think" he said trying to explain

" You know what? Both of you get out of my house right now" I screamed

I was starting to get dizzy

" Which house, Lola this house belongs to both of us and you can't push me away we are going to have a baby" he yelled 

" I don't care just get out of my house" I yelled back with the same energy

I didn't know how it happened, a torrents of blow and moments later I was lying lifeless on the floor.


I woke up in the hospital, I couldn't move my hands and legs. My head was heavily bandaged too. Shelia was by my bedside crying heavily.

As soon she saw me open my eyes, she stopped crying

" You are awake" she exclaimed happily

She rushed to call the doctor, who came in with her some moments later.

" How are you feeling right now Mrs Lola" the doctor asked

" I feel Ike I am being prickled by needles. I don't feel comfortable, I am in pain" I replied

" The doctor smiled

" You are a strong woman Mrs Lola, you sustained an injury on your head and we had to operate on it

Not everyone survives that kind of operation but you did " hee said smiling

I only nodded. The taste of tear In my mouth made me realize I was crying.

Shelia joined me in crying and we both cried for a long time.

" Why didn't you tell me? We told each other everything " she said amidst tears

" I thought he would change. I really love him" I replied

Shelia became livid

" Can you even hear yourself. That guy almost killed you and you still claim to love him. What has come over you. If you had died he wouldn't care" she yelled


I knew Shelia was saying the bitter truth but it hurt so much.

" How did you find out ? " I asked her 

" Sarah called me" she replied  " That idiot left with his mistress after beating you to a stupor"

I signed and closed my eyes. I allowed the tears to flow freely. 

Shelia sat beside on the bed and held my hand


" Lola " she called gently " I know how you feel, but think of it this way what if you have died?

What if Sarah didn't call me on time?

You are pregnant, you need to stay strong for your child

Do you want your child to grow in an abusive home? 

Do you want your child to experience the same trauma you went through as a child? 

Lola it is you - the singing diva. How can you allow a man to do this to you, to degrade you so much all in  the name of love.

You are brave and confident, the bravest person I know.

You need to take a Stand for yourself."


I felt encouraged by Shelia's word, she was right I needed to be strong for my unborn child. I loved my unborn child more than I loved Chris and I would do anything to make sure he/ she has a good life.

 The first step to achieve this was to kick that cheater and woman beater out of my life.


" Lola" Shelia suddenly called

" If Chris didn't marry you because he loved you , he must have married you because of money" 


It all came back to me again, the money he withdraw from my account, the car he sold, his mother fake sickness. I was too blinded by love to see his true intentions 


I told Shelia everything. She was really pissed at me

" Lola, for goodness sake the signs were visible" 

we both kept quiet for a moment

" What was the name on the property you bought for your unborn child" she asked breaking the silence

" Davis Chris" I replied quietly

"OMG, Lola how do you even know that your child would come as a male. What if that is name of a child he has with another woman " she exclaimed


At that moment I realized how foolish I was, really foolish. I couldn't believe I did all of this

" You know what, I will just call Sarah to know if the house  documents are safe" she said as she placed a call to Sarah.

The ringing phone was the only sound that could be heard in the room

" Hello " I heard Sarah's voice 

" Sarah are you at home" Shelia asked

" Yes " she replied

" Go to your madam's room right now " Shelia said

I described the place where I kept my property documents to Sarah and waited for her to check it.

" There is nothing here ma " she said

" Nothing at all? " Shelia asked

There is no document here she replied

At that moment I heard a loud bang, the house, the car, the studio, all I had was gone. I was slowly sinking into oblivion, my eyes were closing slowly. Shelia's faint cries of " doctor, doctor" was the last thing I heard before it all became dark.............. 


Next chapter loading............


Hmmm this is getting more interesting

What do you think about this chapter

Is Chris a fraud?


Mony writes 


       Mony library

Post a Comment

0Comments

Post a Comment (0)